History | Past Performers
| Polestar Music Gallery
The 17th Seattle Improvised Music Festival has wrapped up and was a tremendous success musically. Many thanks to the festival's visiting and local performers for creating music of such a high caliber, and to the volunteers and supporters who made the event a reality. Check back next year for details on the 18th festival. (Please note that we are not accepting inquiries until further notice.)
E-mail: [email protected]
The Seattle Improvised Music Festival is a not-for-profit event.
Many thanks to the Speakeasy Network for graciously hosting our Web site.
Thursday, June 27 · On The Boards Studio Theater · 100 W Roy · 8 PM · $10
- The Electrics (Axel Dörner, John Edwards, Sture Ericson & Raymond Strid) Denmark, Germany, Sweden, U.K.
All-star multinational assemblage probes the frontiers of sonic exploration and communication.
- Gebhard Ullmann Clarinet Trio with Juergen Kupke & Theo Nabicht Germany
Three virtuoso clarinetists investigate the outward bounds of the instrument's capabilities.
- Bill HoristDennis ReaDoug Theriault Guitar Trio Seattle, Portland
Three of the Northwest's most imaginative guitarists give a tour of the instrument's expressive possibilities.
Friday, June 28 · On The Boards Studio Theater · 100 W Roy · 8 PM · $10
Saturday, June 29 · On The Boards Studio Theater · 100 W Roy · 8 PM · $10
- Luc Houtkamp Netherlands
Solo reed exposition by one of the acknowledged masters of European free playing.
- Shock Exchange (John Edwards & Caroline Kraabel) U.K.
Musical virtuosity meets performance art in this duo's compelling and telepathic concerts.
- Michael BisioGreg CampbellStuart Dempster Seattle
A rare meeting of three of the Northwest's most accomplished instrumentalists.
Sunday, June 30 · Polestar Music Gallery · 1412 18th Ave. at E Union · 8 PM · $10
- Carla Kihlstedt & Shahzad Ismaily SF, NY
Virtuoso Sleepytime Gorilla Museum violinist engages with live electronic processing.
- rebreather (Christopher DeLaurenti & Alex Keller) Seattle
Live electronic music improvised from the digital glossolalia of sabotaged consumer electronics, homebrew circuits, and obsolete devices.
Other Sounds Concert Series archives